Importance of CGHS Card
- All the CGHS beneficiaries and their dependants are being provided with photo ID plastic cards individually with unique beneficiary ID number which need to be produced at each service point to avail the facilities.
- Safe custody of the CGHS Cards is the responsibility of the beneficiary and in case of loss of the card beneficiary is required to inform the police and CGHS authorities.
- Duplicate CGHS card can be obtained against lost card by applying for the same to the concerned Additional Director along with a copy of FIR and will be charged Rs. 50/-
Procedure to get a CGHS Card
In case of serving employee:
- Proof of residence.
- Proof of stay of dependents.
- Proof of age of son.
- In case of differently abled dependent son above 25 years, disability certificate from competent authority as specified.
- Surrender certificate of CGHS Card (only if CGHS Card was issued during Service Period).
- Attested copies of PPO/Provisional PPO/Last Pay Certificate (in case PPO is not readily available immediately after retirement.)
- Demand Draft in the name of “PAO CGHS New Delhi” (in case of Delhi) or Additional Director of the CGHS city where the card is to be made.
Addition/Deletion of names in CGHS Cards
- On the death of the main card holder, the card becomes invalid and fresh card has to be applied for by the spouse after he/she starts drawing the family pension. Old CGHS card and a Death Certificate need to be attached with the application.
- A serving employee on marriage or on the birth of his/ her child may get the names of spouse /child added to the card after submitting the form for addition duly endorsed by his department
- After the death of spouse and death/marriage/employment of a son/daughter/dependent it is the responsibility of main card holder to inform CGHS for necessary deletion of the card
Validity of the CGHS Card
- The service card will be valid till the date of retirement if otherwise the employee is eligible.
- In case of yearly contribution pensioner cards, in order to continue validity, contribution is to be made prior to completion of the continuing year.
- In case of transfer of serving employee to a non CGHS covered area the service card will be valid for the family members up to six months after transfer provided CGHS contribution for 6 months is made before hand .
- CGHS card is valid in all CGHS cities for treatment/investigation/Hospitalization. There is no need for transit permit to get treatment in another CGHS city except for receiving high value medicines classified as “lifesaving”/restricted supply medicines for which temporary attachment to a wellness center is required.
Transfer of CGHS Cards